For many college students, the experience of registration, switching classes, and avoiding that professor that EVERYONE hates can end up being an extensive project in itself. As a senior, within 3 months of graduating I can say I have certainty have my share of registration freak outs, but looking back on all the stress and tears, I can say it was worth it.
This quarter started like any other, very suddenly. Yet, as I polished off the old binders and fanned the fresh sheets of loose leaf, something felt different. It wasn't a feeling of disaster or a sinking sensation within the depths of my stomach, the only word I can describe it as is unusual. In years past I have adapted to a personal trend which is that with the increase of work, plans, projects, homework, and classes that clutter my schedule, performance and results seem to increase as well. This why as I sat in front of a dull computer screen on Monday seeing that I would be carrying only 12 credits in the last quarter of my college career, I was unsure of how to react.And so it began...
In the time since, classes have commenced and between a challenging strategic management course, marketing capstone, and a unique internship with Amazon.com I have found myself somewhat confused in how to fill my free time. Between studying, searching for jobs, and spending time with friends, my time has been filled with an enormous question mark. This is a good thing though, with time I really hope to enjoy the last months here in Bellingham, and take time for those I love most. In addition, I want to begin this blog as somewhat as a log and up to date ticker on my job search, I love Marketing, and so if you are reading this and need a creative, initiative, and social media obsessive individual to help drive your organization, I would love to talk! (in the most non-desperate plead)
So, before closing out I really want to bring some attention to how valuable time is. Whether your planner is chalk full of appointments or you are losing sleep wishing a 25th hour existed in the day, take a moment and step back from everything. Just for 10 minutes, relax and think about nothing, turn off all the clutter and close your eyes. Life is going to be busy and it may seem we are destined to drown in our day to day lives, but in the end if you don't enjoy the journey, you will miss it.
(Please bear with my amateur writing skills!)
No comments:
Post a Comment